Here are a few tips that can really help you make a decent iPhone video of yourself:
Position your iPhone sideways, not up and down. A video made with the iphone held horiztonally always looks better than when you hold it vertically. Be sure to hold the iphone the long way - on its side.
- Rest your iphone on something solid. This will look better and more steady than hand held.
- Use a quiet room, and don't make the video outside. The reason is that there is too much background noise and your voice will not sound clear. So the more quiet, the better.
- A room with a white or lightly colored wall works best.
- Position yourself at least 3 feet away from the wall behind you. This creates depth so you will look better.
- Frame the shot so just your head and shoulders show, or head to waist. You don't need to show your entire body, it's your face that's important.
- The camera should be fairly close to your face, no further than 3 feet away. This will provide the best sound quality.
- When speaking to the camera it's important to speak loud but also clearly and succinctly.
- Short bits work best in video. Don't talk more than 10 seconds at a time. If you have a lot to say, put it into a series of sound bites that contain a single idea or thought.
- Pause and take a breath in between each thought so you can edit out anything you don't want.
What works best for you? Do you agree with these?